Advice on moving home during this stay-at-home period
The UK property market has come to a grinding halt after official advice to stay at home and postpone a move if at all possible.
There is so much uncertainty about what will happen in the future, buyers and sellers, landlords and tenants on the verge of concluding their transactions do not know for sure when or whether their planned move will come to pass.
The government has said that “there is no need to pull out of transactions”, and “we all need to ensure we are following guidance to stay at home and away from others at all times”. Confusing. Here is the official advice along with links to useful articles.
• Government advice on home moving during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
• BBC article: People urged not to move house
• Coronavirus financial help and rights from Money Saving Expert including: “I’m due to move house and hired a removal firm – can I still use them?”
• What ARE buyers and sellers allowed to do as lockdown freezes the property market? via This is Money
• London’s rental market flooded by bargain Airbnb listings via wired.co.uk.